Chapter One1. The number one tire manufacturer in the world? LEGO.
2. Everyone on earth is born with the ability to wiggle their ears, but if you don’t learn how early on, the muscle atrophies and you can’t learn any longer.
3. The speed of light isn't always the speed of light. When traveling through a vacum the speed of light is around 300,000Km/S (299,792,458 m/s), but since light is both a particle and a wave it slows down when traveling through matter. Light only travels at 3/4ths it's speed when traveling through water, and it was once slowed down to go as slow as 38Mph.
4. In a 2008 survey, 58% of British teens thought Sherlock Holmes was a real guy, while 20% thought Winston Churchill was not.
5. When a person cries and the first drop comes from the right eye, it's happiness. Left eye, pain. Both, frustration.
6. June 28th is international caps lock day.
7. Anuptaphobia is the fear of staying single.
8. When awake the human brain produces enough electricity to power a small lightbulb.
9. The hashtag symbol, or pound sign,(#) is actually called an octothorpe.
10. An eyelash lives for about 150-200 days.
11. Goats have rectangular pupils.
12. In ancient Greece the people believed that Gingers would turn into vampires after their death.
13. Peanuts are one of the ingredients in dynamite.
14. The Romans used to make toothpaste from urine.
15. The amount of force used to bite into a carrot is the same amount of force to bite your pinkie off.
16. Kangaroos can't hop backwards.
17. According to suicide statistics, Monday is the favored day for self-destruction.
18. The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing her hands in jelly.
19. The roar that we hear when we place a seashell next to our ear is not the ocean, but rather the sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear. Any cup-shaped object placed over the ear produces the same effect.
20. The United States has never lost a war in which mules were used.
21. No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.
22. Donald Ducks middle name is Fauntleroy.
23. Strawberries aren't actually berries, but bananas, avocados, pumpkins and watermelons are.
24. Studies show that if a cat falls off the seventh floor of a building, it has about thirty percent less chance of surviving than a cat that falls off the twentieth floor. It supposedly takes about eight floors for the cat to realize what is occurring, relax and correct itself.
25. It is possible to lead a cow upstairs but not downstairs.
Hope you enjoyed! More to come. ~JeweledOwl