friends no matter what?

friends no matter what?

This is a story bout two boys one kind of waky and ones kind of normal and no I didn't write it

published on April 13, 20152 reads 2 readers 0 not completed


I thought this was a great story that represented fear and horror…and I liked it so I thought I should save it. Could be true or it could be your imagination …

Growing up I remember him always being close to me. I met him when we moved in to my new house when I was 5. We grew up together. He was my best friend. He was my age, skinny, and had dark hair. And his name was Kyle. We would always go to the park by my house and he’d push me on the swing. He was almost always at my house spending the night. My parents never really like him though. They never talked to him. I just told me that my friend was coming over to spend the night and they didn’t think anything of it.
My parents were the kind that didn’t really pay attention to me. They were too busy with paperwork and everything. I rarely even talked to them. I just hear the sound of their typewriters flaring. But that just meant I could hang out with Kyle more. So I didn’t mind.
One day when we were in the park Kyle seemed quiet. I asked him what was wrong but he played it off as if he was tired. I could see the bags under his eyes so I believed him. We just went on with our day normally. As we got back to the house I had a PB&J Sandwich. It might seem odd thinking about it now, but Kyle rarely ate, if at all, around me. He just said he wasn’t hungry because he ate at his house.
By the time we got to my room it was about 11. We were young and tired and decided to go to sleep. I dozed off immediately and woke back up around 3 in the morning. I looked over at Kyle and he was just sitting up in his sleeping bag staring at the wall. I was a heavy sleeper and rarely woke up in the middle of the night so this was the first time I seen this. I didn’t make much of it and nodded back to sleep.
The next night he wasn’t able to hang out so I just stayed at home all day and played with some of my toys. My parents of course didn’t check on me ever so I was free to do whatever.
After that night he came over and said his parents were going away for a week and asked if he could stay here. I was all for it. We went through our normal routine that day, but when it was bedtime I decided to fake asleep so I could see if he would be staring at the wall again. Just as I thought he was. He stayed like that for a long time, until I nodded off from boredom. At this point I thought it was a little creepy..
I woke the next morning to no Kyle in the sleeping bag next to me. He always got up earlier than me. I went to the kitchen and he was sitting at the table watching tv. I poured myself a bowl of cereal and sat by him. I was extremely tired from watching him all night, but he seemed just fine.
We went to the park later that day but he seemed off. Sort of like the day before, but I could tell it wasn’t just sleepiness. I kept pestering him about it but he again said he was tired. Then he asked if we would be friends no matter what and I told him of course. He smiled and we went back to the house. We hung out the rest of the day and when night time reached we went to sleep.
Something was off though. As I was trying to sleep I kept feeling uncomfortable. I turned to check on Kyle and he was sitting up staring directly at me. It startled me and I quickly rolled back over and checked the time
It was 4 in the morning and I hadn’t slept at all. I kept feeling uneasy. And I knew he was staring at me. I could feel it down my spine. after about 15 minutes I turned to see if he was staring at me still, but he wasn’t there. I didn’t hear anything though. It scared the hell out of me so I turned on my lamp. The brightness made me flinch. And after I rubbed my eyes a few times he was back in his sleeping bag “sleeping.” He turned over and turned told me to turn off the light because he was trying to sleep. So I did
I rolled back over and dozed off. I woke to the sound of rustling in Kyle’s sleeping bag. I turned over to see what the noise was and again he was not there. I turned the light back on and was startled by the silhouette in the doorway. He was leaning on the doorframe and looking at me. I asked him what he was doing and he said he had to use the bathroom. So I turned the light back off and went back to sleep.
I woke the next morning and the whole day was normal. We went to bed and I didn’t wake at all. But the day after was awful. He barely talked, barely even looked at me. He asked me again if we’d be friends no matter what and I just gave him a friendly punch on the shoulder and said of course.
We got back to the house after a few hours and I checked to see if I hear typewriters. Of course I did. I don’t know what I was expecting. They’re always on those things. Kyle and I sat in my room and I kept asking him what was wrong. He finally blurted something out that I was not expecting. He said his parents never went away for a week. He said that he had no idea where they were. It was so sudden I didn’t know how to respond. I offered to help him look. He said okay.
I went to tell my parents because it was an important matter. I told them that Kyle’s parents were missing and they looked at each other strangely and looked up at me and asked who Kyle was. I told them he was the friend that I’ve had since I was 5 and they looked at me even stranger and demanded to know who Kyle was. I didn’t know how else to get this through their skull. I told them all about Kyle and they sorta looked taken back by it all. My dad got up and said calmly that there was never a Kyle. I got furious and screamed that if they payed more attention to my life they’d know I had a best friend named Kyle.
I went back to rant to Kyle about this whole thing, but I couldn’t find him anywhere. I kept calling out his name. My parents came down the hall telling me to stop yelling at something that wasn’t there. I told them he was probably out looking for his parents. They played it off as if I had an imaginary friend.
I went to sleep that night angry. I woke around 2 in the morning to a scratching on my window. It scared me so I put my head under the pillow and huddled into a ball and drifted back to sleep. I woke to a cold wet push my shoulder. I turned around to see the faint outline of Kyle. I asked him why she was wet and he said it was raining outside when he was looking for his parents. The scratching continued on my window but I didn’t get scared because Kyle was there to keep me company. He said he didn’t want to disturb me and told me not to turn on a light so I could go back to sleep. I agreed out of exhaustion and drifted back to sleep.
I woke up feeling paralyzed with fear. I literally couldn’t move. I don’t know why I was so scared, because there was nothing to be scared about. Then I saw it out of the corner of my eye. Kyle was standing right by my bed and something was in his hands. I heard dripping on my carpeted floor. I still couldn’t move. He walked out of the room and closed the door.
I can’t remember anything after he left, all I know is I woke up in the morning. And cops were in my room. I asked them what the hell was going on, they told me to close my eyes in a peaceful but stern voice. I was raised to respect police men so I did.
One of the police officers picked me up and carried me out to his swat car. He told me I could open my eyes now. He was a nice black man in his 20s that came across as a people person. He calmed me down and explained that my parents called them and told them to come get you and take you to your grandmothers. I asked why and he said they told him to tell you they were going on a business trip for a while.
I sat in the back of the cop car for a while, and I got really bored. I started looking around. I then looked back at my house and as I looked towards the front door I saw Kyle standing there soaking with red liquid. He was just staring at me. I got terrified and turned around.
After I built up the courage to turn back around I screamed. He was right at the window and I could finally see what was in his hand the night before. I started screaming louder and louder until I passed out. I woke to the sound of the police officers getting in the car. They said they were going to take me to my grandmothers now and for me to close my eyes again. I told them I was and they started driving, but I didn’t have them shut. As we pulled around the front of the house I saw what was scratching my window. I screamed and cried more. The cops drove faster to get me away from the picture.
It’s been 15 years since this incident.. 15 years of counseling and therapy. But I still can’t get the picture of my parents decapitated bodies tied to the tree above my window, their toes scratching at the glass. I still can’t fight the vision of the words written in crimson above the bodies. “Friends no matter what?” And I still can’t get over the fact that Kyle was in my room, holding the heads of my parents. letting them drip on the ground. He still visits me. He opens my door when I’m asleep at night and creeps in and stares. I know he knows that I see him. But he doesn’t stop. He’s always there, still covered in crimson and still holding the now decomposed heads of my long gone parents. my therapists try to make me think it’s all just a big hallucination. But I know he’s there. He’s always there.
Join Qfeast to read the entire story!
Sign In. It is absolutely free!
Please Rate:
0.0 out of 5 from 0 users
Be the first to add this story to favorites
▼Scroll down for more stories

Comments (0)

Be the first to comment